Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
Posted: Oct 11 2014
Bring Festive Fun To The Breakfast Table with Pumpkin Pancakes!
Come October, we look for any excuse to eat pumpkin in anything and everything. Can you blame us? It's one of the best things about the fall season in Canada! We love this spiced Pumpkin Pancakes recipe for indulging in festive fun, even at breakfast time.
Of course the real kicker is topping off these tasty treats with some good ol' Canadian bacon and maple syrup.
See below for how to make your own spiced Pumpkin Pancakes!
What You'll Need:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking power
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
pinch of ground cloves
1 cup milk
6 tbsp pumpkin puree
2 tbsp melted butter
What To Do:
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nutmeg and cloves
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk into the pumpkin puree along with the melted butter and then the egg.
- Carefully fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients
- Melt some butter in a pan over medium heat and pour in approximately 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake
- Cook the pancakes for about 3 minutes on each side
- Serve with maple syrup and bacon!