A Korean-Canadian Kimchri Fries Recipe
Posted: Oct 15 2015
When our friends at McCain asked how we would #Modifry our crinkle cut fries, We decided to create a Korean-Canadian take on a classic Kimchi Fries recipe! See below for how to make it:
Kimchi Fries is one of our favourite modern inventions and we wanted to find a way to make it more Canadian. The answer? The addition of maple bacon of course! The result? A sweet and spicy combination that takes this recipe to a new level. Here's what you need to make your own Korean-Canadian Kimchi Fries recipe at home:
1. Preheat your oven to 350F/232C. Open the bag of McCain Crinkle Fries and spread all of the fries into a baking dish or tray. Make sure there is enough room for them to spread out and cook evenly! Once the oven is heated, place the fries in the middle rack of the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through.
2. While the fries are cooking, heat a pan and begin cooking the maple bacon. Cook until nice and crispy! Put on a plate with paper towel to drain when cooked to your desire.
3. Put a small pot of water on to boil with 1 tsp of vinegar added to the water. When the water comes to a boil, lower the heat and place two eggs in the water for 2.5-3 minutes. Remove the eggs with two spoons and place tot he side. If needed, chop the kimchi into small pieces to top the fries. Do the same with the green onion.
4. When the fries are cooked and you've taken them out of the oven. Place the tray on a heat-safe surface. You can transfer the fries to a serving dish, or dress them in the pan as we did if you like. Begin layering the fries with chopped kimchi, and adding chopped bacon, feta cheese bits, and green onion. Top the fries with the two poached eggs, and finish with a fresh sprinkling of green onion and fresh pepper. Drizzle everything with Sriacha.
5. Now, serve and eat. Enjoy!!
For more ways to #Modifry your fries click HERE!