A Weekend Foodie Trip to Montreal
Posted: May 03 2017
Montreal is without question one of Canada's top food cities. We spent a weekend in this gorgeous city and crafted a list of our favorite places to eat and drink!
1) Foiegwa- A cozy neighborhood French diner. We came here for bunch and enjoyed the bright, trendy atmosphere. The cocktail list is extensive, and we were pleased with French classics like croque madame.
2) Taberna- We stumbled across this Portuguese tavern while wandering around old Montreal. The setting was gorgeous and unpretentious. The restaurant also offers take-out, so you can enjoy traditional items like chicken piri-piri in or out!
3) Garde Manger- From the food, to the service and ambiance, this restaurant recieved rave reviews from the entire table. The menu changes frequently, however we highly recommend tasting items from the seafood bar. This spot would be perfect for a special occasion!
4) Big in Japan- Big in Japan has no signs and is easy to miss from the outside. On the inside, it’s warm and relaxed. The cocktails were well-crafted and delicious. This “secret” bar is also versatile-ideal for both large groups or intimate dates.
5) Pâtisserie Au Kouign Amann- A small bakery offering a variety of croissants, quiche, tartelettes-and of course, Kouign Amann. The buttery flaky pastries were scrumptious, and we appreciated the high quality of the baked goods.
6) Restaurant Kazu- A tiny Japanese restaurant offering a small menu of comfort food. The dishes are straight-forward and flavorful. This would be a great spot for a quick casual lunch or snack.
7) Liverpool House- Hands down our favorite meal in Montreal! The food, service, and ambiance were outstanding. We enjoyed a lavish, mouthwatering meal in an inviting, comfortable environment. Just trust us and order the lobster spaghetti!