YYZ's Chicest Cafés
Posted: Apr 21 2017
Is there anything better than good coffee in a cute café? Nope, we didn't think so. Here is our list of Toronto's chicest cafés!
1) Nadège Patisserie - We love the vibe in this chic French patisserie! Croissants are baked fresh, their macarons are to-die-for and the lattes are silky smooth! With locations in Yorkdale, Queen West, Rosedale and in the PATH, France is never far away!
2) Dineen Coffee Co. - This boutique coffee shop at the corner of Yonge and Temperance was once home to legendary Toronto furrier W. and F. Dineen Co. and it's one of the oldest buildings in the city! At Dineen Coffee, they mix their historic heritage with contemporary city vibes and clearly it's a success! Their marble tables, high ceilings and delicious coffee and pastries are why we can't stay away!
3) Safehouse Coffee - This cool café at Dundas and Brock is intimate and cozy with brick walls, bright windows and an original Toronto ornate ceiling. We love the array of knick-knacks on the shelves like old bobbleheads, books by Patti Smith and portraits of Elvis! They boast a kick ass vanilla latte so be sure to stop in and say "HI" with their friendly floor!
Photo by: @didieryhc
4) Dark Horse Espresso Bar - This well known TO institution has been offering up amazing coffee and scrumptious treats since '06! We love the communal tables in every location, along with the mix of modern and vintage with the bright white walls and industrial design elements. Dark Horse is the perfect hang out spot for studying, meeting friends and even a first date!
Photo by: @emmyjacks
5) Calii Love - Calii, meaning 'strong woman' in Hawaiian, is a beach themed spot offering the Hawaiian staple food like poké but also super fresh açaí bowls, superfood smoothies AND coffee!
Photo by: @Jaclyn.n
6) Sorry Coffee - At the back of Kit & Ace on Bloor, you'll find Sorry Coffee and we really aren't sorry! This café is so chic, modern and tiny that you'll feel like you just discovered a gem! There's only one other Sorry in the world, in London, so TO is super lucky to have this place! Their lattes are strong and creamy and the perfect fuel for shopping!
7) ODIN - This Scandinavian inspired Corktown café offers not only coffee, but amazing espressos, cocktails, snacks and craft beer! The interior is so visually striking that it doesn't feel like you're at the ground floor of a condo on King West. Airy vibes with high ceilings, wood accents and black and white details make this a café you won't want to miss!
8) Quantum Coffee - At the corner of King and Spadina is Quantum Coffee, a bright and airy space that boasts one of the best latte's thanks to an automated Pour Steady machine, the only one in Canada, which makes for a well-calibrated pour-over quickly and perfect every time!
9) Jimmy's Coffee - This local chain sources local coffee from Vaughan, Ont and they even take their staff on field trips so they can be knowledgable about where the beans come from! We love the community feel at Jimmy's and the atmosphere feels warm and cozy. There is always lots of seating next to a whole multitude of Jimmy's - Hendrix, Carter, Morrison, to keep you company!
10) Reunion Island Coffee Bar - This Roncesvalles coffee bar is bright and airy, complete with a instagrammable floor, spelling "COFFEE" at the entrance! We love the subway tile counter and chic minimalism but we also LOVE their cup of joe! They offer a cold-brew tonic, which is like carbonated coffee and people are seriously hooked! We can't wait to try!
Photo by: @girlwiththefork